Do you ever feel apprehensive about raising a concern or problem with someone, but know that it will only get worse if you don't?
And do you know how to resolve conflict that has already set in? Can you deal calmly with difficult people, and manage your own emotions as well as theirs? Can you find an outcome that will satisfy everyone?
This course will equip you with powerful, practical strategies for resolving workplace conflicts (and tiffs at home too!). Learn how to turn challenging conversations with difficult people into a foundation for improved relationships, enhanced morale and increased productivity.
This course will give participants a six-step process that they can use and modify to resolve conflicts of any size. Participants will also learn crucial conflict resolution skills, including dealing with anger, the Johari Wndow, and using the Agreement Frame.
The content of the course includes:
- Understanding conflict in the workplace
- Understanding the causes of conflict in the workplace
- The Thomas-Kilman Conflict resolution Instrument
- Creating the Atmosphere for Resolution
- Focusing on Individual and Shared Needs
- Getting to the Root Cause
- Generating Options
- Building a Solution
- Managing the Resolution Process
- Using the Agreement Frame
- Dealign with Anger
- Creating a conflict reducing work climate
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8600-312: Understanding Conflict Management (1 credit). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8600-312: Understanding Conflict Management (1 credit)