The ILM Level 3 Program in Leadership and Management is designed to enable new or aspiring first line managers, to acquire a strong qualification which will enable them to enter a senior management role. Candidates are free to select courses which best meet their personal development needs from a suite of 60+ comprehensive courses.
WHO ARE THE ILM?
Global Management Academy is an Approved Center for the delivery of programs from the Institute of Leadership and Management.
The ILM is part of the City and Guilds Group, and is the largest Management Training Certification Body in Europe. 90,000 managers receive ILM certification annually. The ILM provides clients with an assurance of quality in the design and delivery of all Endorsed Programs.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM SUITABLE FOR?
The ILM Level 3 program in Leadership and Management program is designed to meet the needs of:
- Newly appointed First Line Managers who need to acquire the financial, commercial, and operational management skills and knowledge to succeed in their new roles.
- Team leaders or staff who wish to acquire the leadership, and strategic management skills to prepare for entry into first line management roles.
- Managers in both the commercial and public sectors.
The ILM Level 3 Leadership and Management program is highly flexible, allowing learners to select from an extensive range of management and leadership courses. The Specific ILM Units available for study include the following:
- 8605-300 Solving Problems and Making Decisions (2 credits)
- 8605-301 Understanding Innovation and Change in an Organisation (2 credits)
- 8605-302 Planning Change in the Workplace (2 credits)
- 8605-303 Planning and Allocating Work (2 credits)
- 8605-304 Writing for Business (1 credit)
- 8605-305 Contributing to innovation and creativity in the workplace (2 credits)
- 8605-306 Understanding Customer Service Standards and Requirements (2 credits)
- 8605-307 Giving Briefings and Making Presentations (2 credits)
- 8605-308 Understanding Leadership (2 credits)
- 8605-309 Understand How to Establish an Effective Team (1 credit)
- 8605-310 Understanding How to Motivate to Improve Performance (2 credits)
- 8605-311 Developing Yourself and Others (2 credits)
- 8605-312 Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace (1 credit)
- 8605-313 Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace (1 credit)
- 8605-317 Understanding Training and Coaching in the Workplace (2 credits)
- 8605-318 Understanding Quality Management in the Workplace (2 credits)
- 8605-319 Understanding Organising and Delegating in the Workplace (1 credit)
- 8605-320 Managing Workplace Projects (2 credits)
- 8605-323 Understand Performance Management (2 credits)
- 8605-324 Understanding Costs and Budgets in an Organisation (1 credit)
- 8605-326 Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace (2 credits)
- 8605-327 Understanding Negotiation and Networking in the Workplace (1 credit)
- 8605-328 Understand How to Lead Effective Meetings (2 credits)
- 8605-330 Understanding Marketing for Managers (1 credit)
- 8600-334 Understanding and Developing Relationships in the Workplace (2 credits)
- 8605-339 Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Coaching (2 credits)
- 8605-341 Leading and Motivating a Team Effectively (2 credits)
- 8600-202 Planning and Monitoring Work (2 credits)
- 8600-205 Meeting Customer Needs (2 credits)
- 8600-209 Understanding Change in the Workplace (2 credits)
- 8600-217 Business Improvement Techniques (2 credits)
- 8600-219 Managing Yourself (1 credit)
- 8600-229 Understanding Sales in the Workplace (2 credits)
- 8600-230 Developing yourself as an effective team member (3 credits)
- 8600-400 Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance (4 credits)
- 8600-401 Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity (4 credits)
- 8600-403 Managing Risk in the Workplace (3 credits)
- 8600-404 Delegating Authority in the Workplace (3 credits)
- 8600-405 Developing People in the Workplace (5 credits)
- 8600-406 Developing Your Leadership Styles (4 credits)
- 8600-407 Understanding Financial Management (3 credits)
- 8600-408 Management Communication (4 credits)
Candidates can choose to register in one of 3 qualification programs at level 4:
- ILM Level 3 Award in leadership and Management - 2 courses (minimum of 4 credits) - duration 5 months
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in leadership and Management - 6 to 7 courses (minimum of 13 credits) - duration 10 months
- ILM Level 3 Diploma in leadership and Management - 15 to 16 courses (minimum of 37 credits) - duration 18 months.
There are no formal entry requirements but participants will normally be practicing or aspiring First Line managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment demands and have a background that will enable them to benefit from the program.
One Work-based assignment, or written report (approx. 1200 words each) is required for for each Unit.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Global Management Academy courses are delivered online, and learners supported by dedicated course tutors, who support learners through email, web conferencing and phone.
On successful completion of the program, participants receive the LEVEL 3 QUALIFICATION IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT from the City and Guilds ILM (OFQUAL accredited).
In addition, enrollment in the ILM is included in your course fee which gives you access to an extensive online library of learning resources.