This course is designed for managers responsible for the planning for, acquisition and management of physical resources to support the efficient functioning of a service or manufacturing operations.
In this course, you will learn how to identify resource requirements from analyses of organizational needs, and evaluate alternative options for obtaining physical resources. You will also learn how to develop a business case for physical resources that is supported by evidence, cost estimates, contingency arrangements and an analysis of likely benefits. You will also learn about best practices in purchasing and managing the availability of physical resources to support operations. This will also involve understanding the processes required for maintenance of resources and the security of supply. In addition, you will learn about systems used to tracking inventory, the allocation of resources, resource location/history and the utilization of resources to meet agreed operational targets.
Finally, you will tactics for the evaluation of resource performance is evaluated against agreed standards, and recommend improvements to the use of physical resources and associated working practices
The content of this course includes the following units:
- Unit 1: Getting Started
- Unit 2: Understanding Resources
- Unit 3: Identifying Resource Requirements
- Unit 4: Capacity and Resource Planning
- Unit 5: Purchasing and Materials Planning
- Unit 6: Monitoring and Allocating Materials
- Unit 7: Managing the Security of Resources
- Unit 8: Maintenance and Safe use of Resources
- Unit 9: Managing Resource Use
- Unit 10: Improving Resource Management
- Unit 11: Wrapping-up
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-512 Managing Resources (4 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-512 Managing Resources (4 credits)