A Business Case captures the reasoning for initiating a project or task. Today, with investment capital for projects and innovations hard to come by, a business case has become an requirement for the release of funding for projects, whether private or public sector, whether from external sources, or from internal funding sources.
A business case puts a proposed investment decision into a strategic context and provides the information necessary to make an informed decision about whether to proceed with the investment and in what form. It is also the basis against which continued funding will be compared and evaluated.
As a business leader, knowing how to write a business case is a critical skill to acquire. This practical course takes you through a step by step process of writing a business case which provides convincing justification, for proposed investment in new equipment, new systems, acquisitions, major projects and innovations.
You will be able to download a Business case template along with the learning manual.
The content of this course includes:
- Understanding the rationale for a business case.
- The role of the Business Case in Project Management.
- The attributes of an effective business case.
- The 4 Step business Case model.
- Assessing and Defining the Business Need
- Identifying viable solution options
- Evaluating Solution options
- Making the Financial Case
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Using NPV, IRR and ROI to inform decision making
- Presenting the Recommended Solution
- Managing the Investment
- Presenting your business Case
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-502:– Making a Financial Case (3 Credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-502:– Making a Financial Case (3 Credits)