This Global course in Managing Workplace Projects is designed for people managing small scale business projects, or for those team leaders or managers who are in need of a hands on introduction to the concepts, methods and techniques of project management.
You will learn how to assess the business stakeholder needs, scope out the project requirements, and develop the project plan using work breakdown structures, Gantt charts, network diagrams and other scheduling tools. In addition, you learn how to plan the project resources and the financials to support execution. The final part of the courses focuses on the Execution and Closure Phases of the Project Life Cycle.
Using simple case studies, and practical activities, you will lay the groundwork for a work based business project. You will also find an extensive range of templates and guides to help you achieve a plan and implement a successful work based project.
The content of this course includes:
- The PMI Body of Knowledge
- The Project Management process
- Balancing the constraints in project management
- Initiating a Project
- Writing a Project Charter
- The Project Plan
- Work Breakdown structures
- Gantt Charts
- Project Resource Planning
- Project Financial Planning
- Managing the Project Execution
- Reporting Project Progress
- Closing the Project
- Learning from the Project
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8600-320: Managing Workplace Projects (2 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8600-320: Managing Workplace Projects (2 credits)