This comprehensive online management course is designed to help experienced managers improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their team or business unit. The course begins with consideration of the role of managers today, and activities and attributes which define 'effective management'. We then look at how a manager can contribute to improving efficiency and effectiveness in the team’s operations.
You will learn about the core management techniques of planning, organizing, and assigning work to the team, and the directing function, in which managers need to apply a range of leadership styles. You will also frame a personal development plan to continue your learning and accelerate your career in management.
The content of this course includes:
- Understanding Management
- The Functions of Management
- Understanding Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Management by Objectives
- Implementing Business Strategy
- Measuring Performance
- Organizing Work
- Delegating Effectively
- The Directing Function – Applying Leadership Styles
- Management Controls
- Managing Accountability
- Improving Efficiency and Productivity
- Assessing Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Learning Management
- Developing a Personal Management Development Plan
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: ILM Course: 8607-510 Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness (4 credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
ILM Course: 8607-510 Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness (4 credits)