Are your employees showing signs of stress: arguments, depression, dissatisfaction, absenteeism? Are there conflicts inside the organization which you feel unable to manage, and are these contributing towards your personal stress levels? Are you aware of your legal obligations in regard to employee well being, and in particular to managing stress levels at work?
Stress and Conflict are normal features of a work environment. Knowing how to recognize and manage stress and conflict is a fundamental skill required of managers today.
In this course, you will first examine the causes of stress at work, and evaluate your own levels of stress. You will then examine the management competencies which will help you to minimize and prevent stress in the workplace. The next step will be to consider the role of your organization in stress management, and the steps you might need to take to improve organizational approaches to stress and conflict.
You will also learn a range of techniques for resolving conflicts, and to handle bullying and harassment in the work place. Be sure to download and print your manual before you begin, and If you have any questions, contact your coach.
This course will equip you with powerful, practical strategies for minimizing workplace stress and resolving conflicts and help you build an organization with less risk of litigation and costs associated with stress and conflict related problems.
The content of this course includes.....
- Understanding stress in the workplace
- Understanding the effects of stress on your people
- The Role of the manager in managing stress
- Management Competence and Managing Stress
- The Role of the Organization in Managing Stress
- Organizational Risk Assessment
- Dealing with Bullying in the workplace
- Dealing with Harassment in the workplace
- Understanding Conflict in the Workplace
- Dealing with Conflict in the workplace
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
This course is suitable for experienced Supervisors, and Managers from all types of organizations, tasked with planning for and implementing change in the organization..
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Candidates will be working in, or preparing for work as a first line supervisor, team leader or manager.
This course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete. Learners have 90 days from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Assessment in this program takes the form of Online-quizzes (normally 3 in each course). Each quiz has a pass mark of 70% and you can take the quizzes as many times as you wish.
CAN I GET ILM CREDITS FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes – this course meets the requirements for ILM course: 8607-506: Managing Stress and Conflict Management in the Organization (3 Credits). To qualify for the credits, you will need to complete the written assignment. Contact us to register for an ILM qualification.
Global Management Academy Certificate of Achievement.
LEARNING WITH GLOBAL
Online courses at Global Management Academy are IPad, Android and Mobile Phone Compatible, and comprise:
This is a fully online course with:
- Online Presentations and interactive learning
- Online Videos
- Online Quizzes
- Learning Manuals (80 pages +)
- Additional workbooks, articles, and case studies.
Downloadable Learners manuals are provided for your course, along with additional articles, workbooks and worksheets.
Continuous email and phone support available throughout your course.
6 REASONS TO ENROL IN THIS COURSE NOW!
- You get a Management Certificate which is recognized worldwide.
- You get real value for money (E-learning costs a fraction of conventional learning).
- You can get started immediately.
- You can learn at your own pace, at home, at work, in the park, anywhere you choose.
- You will have excellent support from a dedicated coach throughout the program.
- Our Guarantee: not satisfied, we will refund your fees (see terms and conditions).
ILM QUALIFYING COURSE
8607-506: Managing Stress and Conflict Management in the Organization (3 Credits)